Infinity Foods Organic Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, even more so than flax seed.
Chia seeds do not need to be ground to be absorbed by the body and they can be stored for long periods of time without going rancid.
They help with hydration due to their ability to absorb up to 9-10 times their weight in water.
Chia seeds also contain fibre, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc among many other nutrients
Chia seeds have become very popular due to how versatile they are but it is their ability to prolong hydration that has brought them to the attention of athletes.
The seeds can absorb many times their own weight in fluid making you resilient to dehydration.
How about combining Chia seeds and coconut water to create your own homemade energy gel? Simply leave your chia seeds to soak in the coconut water (2 parts coconut water and 1 part chai seed) for 11 hours in the refrigerator. When you come back you’ll have a great gel for rehydrating! This is a wonderful way of avoiding all the artificial colourants and flavourings that are used in the energy drinks you’d find in your local store. You could also try this great recipe for a Chia Fresca.
500ml water or coconut water
1.5 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice, or to taste
Sweetener, to taste (I like 1/2 tbsp maple syrup)
1. Add chia and water into a jar or glass and stir very well to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell up. I like to use a jar with a lid so I can shake it up really well and break up the clumps of chia.
2. Add lime or lemon juice and sweetener to taste. Stir (or shake) well to combine and enjoy!
Standard Delivery (UK)
Orders under 25kg in weight are subject to the following shipping fees:
All orders over £25
Postage is Free
|All orders under £25||Postage is £2.99|
We aim to dispatch all, in-stock, standard UK orders within three working days.
Express Delivery (UK)
- Express orders must be placed before 1pm on any weekday
- Orders placed after 1pm on Thursday will be delivered by 1pm on the following Monday
- There must be someone available to sign for & receive the package between 7am & 1pm on the day of delivery
All orders over £25*
Express Delivery is £5.99
|All orders under £25*||Express Delivery is £8.99|
*Applies to orders under 25kg in weight
For details of our overseas delivery costs, please check here