6 Herbs For Boosting Your Energy and Stamina
Reviewed by Herbalist, Rasheeqa Ahmad on 20 July, 2019
You don’t have to be an athlete to suffer from fatigue and energy loss. Whether you’re a new mum struggling on 2 hours sleep or simply work in a high demanding job, lack of energy can make it difficult for you to function throughout the day, especially if you’re not a fan of caffeine.
So what can you do?
Well, if you belong to the millions of people out there who are plagued daily by limited energy levels, then the following herbs can give you the lift, vitality and stamina you need to conquer the day.
- Liquorice – before you get excited we are not on about the sweets. This rhizome rich herb is full of flavonoids and saponins that are reputed to treat coughs and skin disorders but also increase your energy. Just be careful to not use for more than 6 weeks.
- Astragalus – widely used in Chinese medicine to treat diabetes and kidney disorders by stimulating and strengthening your immune system, practitioners often use Astragalus in energy tonics, soups and stews to improve stamina and endurance.
- Ginseng – used in 1984 by Russian athletes to increase their energy and stamina, Ginseng is great for fighting off prolonged fatigue, stress and exhaustion. Swap your usual coffee for a healthy Ginseng herbal tea great for a mid morning pick me up.
- Asgwagandha – often used by Ayurvedic practitioners, Ashwagandha can help to build your body’s resistance to physical and emotional stress which can drain you of energy.
Helping to ease emotional stress whilst increasing your mental focus and concentration, this simple herb can help to improve your health and stamina.
- Gotu Kola – ideal if you have got low energy levels, Gotu Kola helps to reduce anxiety which can impact on your energy and mental well-being. The Pukka herbs range has a fantastic organic Gotu Kola and Ashwagandha herbal capsule.
- Gingko Biloba – this herb is often used to enhance your memory, circulation and energy levels thanks to its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Helping to alleviate mental fatigue, Gingko works to increase your motivation and cognition which in turns improves your energy and stamina.
Whether you choose to add these to your food, drinks or transform into your own herbal remedies, each of these 6 herbs can have a profound effect upon your energy. So if you’ve ever wondered what it feels like to have unlimited energy, why not give these a try?
No related posts.