A Mothers Day Present as Unique as She is
Your mother is special right? She brought you into this world. Has raised, taken care of and has been there for you through all the highs and lows… She is unique.
So what better this Mothers Day than to offer her something that proves how much she means to you?
Well you can…
If you – like the rest of us – can’t afford to send your mother away to a spa for the weekend, you can easily offer her the perfect alternative: a collection of homemade oils, massage oils and beauty products that are 100% natural and organic.
In fact you can offer her the perfect relaxation tools…
Create your own home remedies
I came across the following recipes when looking for gift ideas for my mother, and they really are ingenious as you can find many of these ingredients in your cupboards so it doesn’t have to be expensive:
- Lavender and Rosemary hair oil– you probably didn’t know this but many of your favourite essential oils – lavender, chamomile, rosemary and tea tree – have been used for years to create revitalising shampoos.Now this particular recipe should suit most hair types and will help to keep your mothers hair healthy and encourage growth. Simply mix 64 drops of lavender, with 64 drops of rosemary and 16 drops of sage.If, however, your mother has got thick hair, you can easily mix up this recipe. Instead you will need to mix 4 ounces of Jojoba, coconut and sesame seed oil in equal parts, then add 48 drops of lavender, 48 drops of rosemary and 48 drops of ylang ylang.
- Cucumber Hair Drench– this particular recipe is fab if your mother likes to go swimming as it combats the damage done by chlorine.Simply blend 1 egg, 1 eggshell’s worth of olive oil and a quarter of a peeled cucumber, then tell your mother to spread it through her hair and leave for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Kiwi Facial Cleanser– I quite like this one as it leaves your skin feeling really fresh.To make simply grab 1 kiwi fruit, 2tbsp plain yoghurt, 1tbsp of apricot or almond oil, 1tbsp honey, 1tsp finely ground and 2 drops of orange essential oil then do the following.Puree your kiwi until it is a liquid, slow adding your yoghurt, orange water, almond/apricot oil and ground almonds. Keep blending until it is thick and resembles a cream. Lastly add your essential oil and stir (note: this recipe will make one application)
- Ginger Skin Crème – this one involves a little cooking but is worth making. To make you’ll need a 2” piece of fresh ginger, 2tsp light sesame oil, 2tsp apricot kernel oil, 2tbsp vitamin E oil and ½ cup of cocoa butter.Once you’ve got your ingredients, preheat your oven to its lowest setting, then finely grate your ginger so you have got 1/8tsp of ginger ‘juice’ (to get this juice, squeeze your grated ginger over a small bowl). Put your ginger juice and your other ingredients into a glass container and heat until your cocoa butter has melted. Next pour your crème into another dry container and store in a cool dry place. If you want you can even add a few drops of essential oil.
- Lavender Hand and Foot Wash– to complete your collection of homemade remedies, this Lavender foot and hand wash is a must as it helps to relieve red and inflamed skin. First get ½ cup of dried lavender flowers, ½ cup of finely chopped fresh sage, 2 cups of water and 8 drops of lavender oil. Once you’ve got your ingredients pop your lavender flowers, sage and water into a saucepan and simmer (whilst covered) for 20 minutes over a low flame.Strain your mixture through a cheesecloth and leave to cool. Get rid of your solids, and add your lavender oil to the liquid (I recommend transferring this liquid to a glass container as you will need to shake it).
Now these are only a few recipes I’ve found. There are loads of others online, so if your mother loves strawberries you can easily swap out the ginger skin crème for a strawberry cream instead.
But generally that’s all there is to it!
All of these are really easy to make, and if you make an effort with personalised packaging they can make a beautiful present for your mother this Mothers Day.
So why not give them a go? You might even find one that you like for yourself.
We love hearing about all the creative things people do with our products so if you try one of the recipes, why not come and let us know on our Facebook page.
No related posts.